Good ftp sites and then some

Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> General (Mud Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Massaria

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Good ftp sites and then some Reply with quote

I've got some mud code bases lieing around on my windows partition, and would really like to get some of them over to my Debian system running on VMware. Could I somehow ftp them from my windows, or is there another way to do this?

Also, I have a hard time finding sites from where I can ftp 'fresh' copies of mud codes. I bet some of you guys have some good sites - please share Wink

Massaria
Tyche

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh? Err...I keep a list of ancient sites here. You want fresher I'd check out sourceforge and do a search on muds. Erwin Andreasen keeps a list of new mud projects and so do I, sort of and kind of and of course there's real fresh cutting edge stuff here or here
Sandi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding your first question, I was trying out Linux distros in a separate partition of my Windows machine, and there was an option to let me look at the Windows partitions. I did just what you want to do simply by opening a folder on my Windows partition and moving a .tar file to the Linux partition.

Wish I could remember more details.... it was Suse, or Mandrake... not Slackware, as that's what I've always used.... about the time of the 7.0 releases.

FTP works fine if you have two machines. Two drives on one machine is a bit trickier. Windows don' wanna know 'bout Linux. Your Linux should be able to see the Win stuff, though.
Lared

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier way, in VMware. Enable ftpd in Debian and turn on the Host-Only Networking option, then use your ftp client of choice to toss 'em on over.

Or you can use the VMware shared folders feature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> General (Mud Related) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: