Thanks, Yui & co.!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> General (Mud Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traithe

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Thanks, Yui & co.! Reply with quote

Hey folks -

Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks! I downloaded your Aetas 0.4 codebase the other night; and despite not knowing C++, the layout is so clean and it's so well-written that I've been able to puzzle things out and begin hacking away with my knowledge of C pretty easily.

Because it's got a lot of nice features that I was planning on integrating into my new commercial project (the database and Ruby integration being two of the most impressive), I'm going to be using it as a base to build off of.

Very, very nice work. Smile
Yui Unifex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it's seeing some use in your project. I think it's definitely worth ripping it to shreds instead of starting entirely from scratch. Please feel free to post in the coding forum if you've got any questions.

And if anything looks weird or is broken, it's eiz's fault =).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Traithe

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yui, that's definitely appreciated. Smile

We've got our web forum up here if you're at all interested in poking your head in and seeing how things are going from time to time.
Traithe

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<cough> Not actually a coding question, so I'll just drop it here, because I'm stumped.

How do you set something's regionid - for example, a newly created room? Property regionid X doesn't do it.

I'm assuming that the region is a "container" - so a mob's regionid is the room it's in, while a room's regionid is the zone it's in, etc?

Sorry for the lame question, still puzzling out the codebase. <g>
Yui Unifex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use the 'transfer' command to move objects from one place to another. Syntax is: transfer src dest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> General (Mud Related) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: