Suggestion to eliminate spammers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGZotU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Suggestion to eliminate spammers Reply with quote

I run a phpBB message board, and I was having some problems with spam bots. I turned on the...watchimacalit...type the letters in the picture to register thing. No more bots. It's stock phpBB, at least in the more recent versions.

I don't know if you've considered and rejected this idea already, and I don't know if it would help specifically against the spammers hitting this board, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

--Joe
KaVir

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely like to see something like that (perhaps with a sound option for blind people as well).
Yui Unifex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely going to implement CAPTCHAs in the near future, as well as a purge of members with no posts. I might also turn on administrative approval of accounts just temporarily, to see what rate the spammers are registering accounts and if they'll taper off if their accounts are never activated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Drey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggestion to eliminate spammers Reply with quote

When I saw the subject I was expecting to see "public executions" but, alas, you're just discussing captchas to eliminate spammers. Wink
Pheralan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a good, strong tree in my backyard if you're willing to ship them here. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> Meta All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: