Best ideas, best practices.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> General (Mud Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burr

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Best ideas, best practices. Reply with quote

While reading through mud forum topics, I'll often come across an idea that seems so original or well thought that I am stunned for a brief moment. "I wish I had though of that," I'll think, or simply "wow."

At one time I could keep track of these concepts in my head well enough, even the ones that didn't fit well with my own ideas. But now I wish I had thought to write them all down. I am approaching the opinion that for most great concepts that at first may seem mutually exclusive, there often exists another wow-worthy idea that offers harmony for the other two. I think this is in large part because, in the end, there is a hell of a lot more in common among mudders (or any group of humans) than there are differences between them.

I think if all of these outstanding ideas were collected and located in close proximity to each other, perhaps in the form of abstracts, then their potential relationships would become a lot more obvious. They could then be linked to each other as a network of design choices, and discussions could be attached to the relationships rather than to the ideas themselves.
Jaruzel

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A MUD-Wiki could provide this. Once the topic has been discussed to death, the thread instigator then summarises the conclusions on the Wiki. Over time a 'bible' of sorts should evolve.

-Jar.
eiz

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is Agora but nobody uses it and most of its content is just broken links to mud-dev threads. Tyche also has a mud wiki called The Sourcery which you can put stuff on.
Tyche

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awhile back I thought it would be neat to produce some sort of work or guide book on Mud Patterns. Well it was a thought anyway.

Feel free to use my Sourcery as a scratch pad, or if you create your own post a link to it on mine and I'll setup Interwiki links like I did with Agora.

I have a ton of stuff some of which I used to have on my static site but I never put in the wiki. I don't know why, maybe I'm shy. ROFL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> General (Mud Related) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: