Constraining Names to a Theme
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyche

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spazmatic wrote:

And then all sorts of problems will arise with troublesome players. Maybe even perfectly reasonable players and admins who simply can't see the reasoning.

Which reminds me of an experience. I logged into this mud that had an enforced names policy. Their theme was medieval fantasy (or maybe it was midevil). Anyway I picked the name `Grimwold` and created a character. It seemed a perfectly reasonable name to me. Anyway as soon as I logged in I was immediately paged by a staff member asking me to change my name. So I looked on the who list thinking I had missed something about the local flavor. Well it was a whole grab bag of names from Lady to SuperFly to TheGoldenKnight to Gwennith to Ralf. Anyway while I was reading the help files the staff member changed my name to Nobody because they explained the presence of the name was bothering the other players.

Sorry but I didn't ask why. I couldn't even venture a guess. I just logged out and went on my merry way.
Cornelius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to play devils advocate here, mebbe grimwold was the name of a mob in the game of some importance?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> Roleplay All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: