Room Messages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Room Messages Reply with quote

In this topic the talk started a turn towards using Room Messages to add theme and apprehension and other moods to the room.

I'm interested in finding out what kind of messages that people are using? Is it mostly: "The wind rustles through the leaves." or is it more then that? And how do you go about making a decision about the room messages that you implement?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Room Messages Reply with quote

Ashon wrote:
I'm interested in finding out what kind of messages that people are using? Is it mostly: "The wind rustles through the leaves." or is it more then that? And how do you go about making a decision about the room messages that you implement?

Personally, I'm still at the "The wind rustles..." level. I'm using an optional function set per room to do this, however, so I've got the intent to extend it later; a room, for instance, might mention some event that actually results in the appearance of an object or mobile in the room or maybe damage if the room were to mention a hazard such as falling rocks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: