got an issue with rooms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: got an issue with rooms Reply with quote

Got an issue. I'm using SocketMud 2.4 as a base to work with. After fighting all day, I've got a BASIC room system, to where it will load multiple rooms.

Now I've got an issue here. I'm trying to put a player into a room, using the following line in the clear_mobile() function.

Code:
dChar->room = getRoomId(ROOM_START);

However, it crashes, and when I try to run it again, in GDB, it shows that the dChar->room field is EMPTY!

How do I effectively put a player in a room, and where do I do that at?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deadsoul

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

char-> room is an empty field assigned to 0 at the start (which should be limbo). after this completes in init_char start room should be defined as to which room all characters should come back to after leaving limbo.

clear_mob function shouldnt work for characters. look instead at init character. clear mob should run right before a mob is destroyed by removing it from memory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> Coding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: